Sunday, December 23, 2012

All coming together

 Chocolate  almond buttercrunch

Why, what do we have here?  Chocolate-covered oreos?

Better take a closer look

Surely you won't miss one . . .
 No one say anything about the baby sitting on the counter.  I'm right there (with a camera).

The hat is done.  The lace is coming along, and may or may not be finished by tomorrow.  I won't die if I don't have it.

Cookie doughs are made up and chilling in the fridge.  Christmas breakfast treat:  whole grain soda bread (the other choice was cinnamon rolls.  I was a little surprised at the consensus on this one.)

Today:  haircuts for the boys, final grocery shopping (the ribs I want for Christmas dinner go on sale today.  Normally, we do not shop on Sunday, so stop looking at me that way), a little sneaking off with Mr. King for Christmas Eve treats, and maybe more lace-knitting.

It may be that my grand plan orchestrated to the last detail has kept me on schedule and kept me from losing my sense of proportion at the sheer number of things that have to come together to make the magic.

Honestly?  It's the prayers every step of the way that have kept me in moment with my kids and husband, enjoying the preparation and build-up to the celebration of our Savior's birth.  I love giving gifts and keeping secrets, baking and knitting, decorating and (yes) even cleaning.  But what I love most is the joy and hope:  heaven is there for us!  God loves us, wants to be with us, and wants to help us to make it home.

Can I make a little of that joy and hope here, right now, for my family?  With the grace of God, some planning and some prayers, it happens every year.

Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment