Monday, February 4, 2013

A few recent projects

Plain ole ribbed socks in Bungee
Finished a pair or two of socks and have two more on the needles.  I'm trying to get used to always having some socks to work on, there being so many people who can use them.  I won't say why I need so many pairs for my youngest, but I bet you can guess.

He may not be potty-trained, but at least he is cute
Then there is this:  a project that's been brewing in my head for a little while.  Really it didn't take that long, but I kept putting it off.  A simple quilted tote, you say?  What's so hard about that?


Nothing at all.  But it's not just a quilted tote:  it has special interior features . . .

Little pockets just right for twistables
It's a coloring tote for a special little girl's birthday, and it came out just the way I wanted.  Room for some coloring books, paper or a tablet, plus the pockets to easily store coloring tools.  Perfect for using up some bright scraps, too!


I used this basic tutorial and improvised the pocket after browsing Pinterest and finding crayon rolls.  I used 32 4" squares and about half a yard for the lining fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment