Saturday, August 30, 2014

Friday Highlights

Every week I'll be posting paragraph work from Beatrice and Stephen, cataloging their writing progress and giving others a chance to see what they're reading, studying or interested in.  Here are their first paragraphs for the year!

Beatrice (2nd grade) writes . . .

A Dog's Life is my favorite book.  It tells the puppyhood to nine years.  The dog goes through cold and winter and hot summers.  It has a happy beginning, a sad middle and a happy end.  My friend Mary might like it.

Stephen (5th grade) writes . . .

My summer was very fun and eventful.  Tennis lessons went well: it was fun and I was okay and I made a friend.  Swimming lessons were great: I moved up a class and learned the butterfly stroke.  I also got a new bike that I rode whenever I got the chance.  Of all the things that happened this summer, our vacation home was the best.  Howard and Tom came.  We had squirt guns and hockey sticks, and the beach was a few blocks away.  Summer vacation was very fun and I miss it already.

School has started and we're rolling: one week down and 35 to go!  We began with the basics--no history, Latin or Geography, but we'll add those in as we get warmed up and used to a regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment